The Cassowary Coast is centered on the Great Green Way in north Queensland. Bruce Highway Motorway and Queensland Rail Service Casuarie Coast. The historic town of Cardwell is the southern gateway to the Cassowary Coast. South of Cardwell, Townsville is 2.0 hours by road transport. Cairns Card in North Queensland is a 25 hour drive from Well. Cairns and Townsville host domestic and international airports. The east coast airline links the Australian capital to Brisbane, Sydney and international air carriers.
The geographical image of the Cassowary Coast embraces the Coral Sea, Great Barrier Reef, Islands, coast and isolated beaches. The tropical coastline hosts annual rivers, rainforests, escarpment range gorges, and waterfalls. The beautiful Kirrama Range Road and Palmerston Highway roadways intersect at the entrances to Atherton Tableland and the Savannah exterior.
Cassowary Coast is famous for outdoor leisure, recreation and sports activities. Forestry plant, Queensland Forestry Conservation, Queensland National Park and Queensland Wet Tropics is raised by the World Heritage Area. Cardwell Range Garrington National Park. Key nature-based activity interests include:
- Seeing natural attractions, features, flora and fauna.
- Landscape & Nature Photography.
- Boat cruising, sailing, island camping & trail walking.
- Reef Snorkelling, Spear Fishing and Scuba Diving.
- Fresh and saltwater fisheries such as Luring, Trolling and Sport Fishing.
- Walking on the rainforest trail and watching the waterfall.
- Swimming, kayaking and whitewater rafting.
- Rural Cross Country Road Cycling.
- Road, track, trail and downhill mountain biking.
- Motorcycle travel and track bike riding.
- There are picnics, BBQ's and extended camping.
Review multi-day hiking and camping adventure options
- Hinchinbrook Island – Thorsborne Trail.
- Hinchinbrook Island – Sea Kayaking.
- Girringun National Park – Walking the Herbert River Gorge Juwun.
- Tully Gorge National Park – Misty Mountains Trail Network.
Cardwell – Local places to visit: Port Hinchinbrook, Hinchinbrook Island, Hinchinbrook Channel, Gould Island, Garden Island, Brooke Islands Group, Rockingham Bay, Cardwall Lookout, Cardwall Senior Forestry Drive, Atty Creek Waterfall, Dead Horse Pool, Five Horse Pool, Five Horses Walking track, Kennedy Valley, Cardwall Range Kirrama National Pa Ka, kirama Range Road, and blenako fruit phlyatasa Society.
For an extended Cardwell vacation, multiple road trips and tours. These destinations are within a day trip drive, back to Cardwell: –
- North Coast – West Inland
Cardwall Forestry Drive, Edmund Kennedy National Park, Jamboon – Murray Falls, Echo Creek, Tully, Mt. Tyson, Alligators Nest, Tully River Gorge, Tully Heads, Hull Heads, South Mission Beach, Wanling Beach, Mission Beach, Bingle Bay, Jeru National Park, Liquid Walking Track, Lacey Creek, Clamp Mountain National Park, Beaton Hill Lookout, El Ari Lookout. , Silkwood, Japonvale, Mena Creek, South Johnstone, Henrietta Creek, Nandroi Falls, Curriman Beach, Cowley Beach, Marilyn, Marilyn Harbor, It Bay, Innisfail, Flying Fish Point, Ella Bay and Oruranoran National Park.
- South Coast – West Inland
Lucina, Ingham, Broadwater Creek, Herbert River Gorge, Walman Falls, Mt. Fox Vullano, Crystal Creek, Paluma Range, Mt. Speck, Paluma, Paluma Lake and Hidden Valley.
Explore the tropical Casuarie Coast of Australia's Great Green Way with family and friends.